With a drop-off location at Cub Foods in Buffalo, helping to keep the Buffalo Food Shelf stocked full of the food and items we need to operate couldn’t be easier. We also accept drop-offs at our office during regular operating hours.
Recommended Food Items
- Non-perishable foods
- Canned proteins (tuna, salmon, chicken, peanut butter)
- Canned fruits in their own juices or light syrup (pineapples, peaches, and pears)
- 100% Fruit juices (all sizes including juice boxes)
- Grains (pasta, whole wheat pasta, rice, brown rice, macaroni, and cheese)
- Condiments (tomato-based sauces, light soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, light salad dressings)
- Low sodium/No salt added canned vegetables (mixed, green beans, corn)
- Soups (beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, turkey rice)
- Multigrain cereal (Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Grape-Nuts, Raisin Bran)
- Foods high in sodium, fat, oils, sugar
- Chips, candy, cookies, crackers
- Sugary beverages
- Items in glass bottles
- Items that are expired or in damaged packaging
Get your friends involved!
Organize a food drive, but don’t do it all by yourself. Recruit your friends, family, or neighbors to help out. Food drives are also great team building activities for sports teams, youth groups, or co-workers. Make it fun by having a theme day like Macaroni Monday or create competition against another school.