As a community based non-profit organization, our success hinges on the great people, businesses and organizations in the Buffalo area. Read below to learn how you can help the Buffalo Food Shelf make a difference in many lives.
Help Us End Hunger In Our Community. Please consider sponsoring a family in need for as little as a $100 per month.
We are in need of distribution volunteers. You can sign up on-line through our Volunteer Sign-up page. Thank you for making a difference.
The Food Shelf relies on your donations. Would you like to sponsor a food drive to help us help people in need? Find out how you can help by going to our Food Donation page.
Below are some helpful handouts.
Could you help us out with milk money? The Buffalo Food Shelf no longer receives free milk from Second Harvest Food Bank. We serve over 400 families each month and spend over $1,000.00 on milk alone.
Donations of either money or food can be made at the food shelf during open hours.
Monetary donations are greatly appreciated! Much of our food and hygiene items are purchased through the food banks, thus giving us greater buying power. When donations of money are given, it allows us to purchase perishable items such as meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables.
Some examples of purchasing through 2nd Harvest Food Bank:
- Gallon of Milk $.85
- Dozen Eggs $.28
- Macaroni & Cheese $.27
- Pancake Mix $.75
- Spaghetti Sauce $.36
- Corn $.13
Writing a check to Buffalo Food Shelf also provides you with the needed paper trail for tax purposes. Checks can be mailed: to P.O. Box 222 Buffalo, MN 55313.
Food donations can be made any time at the donation box at Cub Foods in Buffalo. We greatly appreciate all donations. If you would like to donate items that are on low supply or rarely donated, check our shopping list.
Other Ways You can Help
- Check with your employer to see if there are matching funds for donations.
- Hold a food/funds drive at your work. Hold conests for departments or groups and reward those who bring in the most items or cash.
- Hold a ‘Food Shelf Baby Shower’ and ask for donations of all sizes of diapers.
- Have a ‘Got Milk’ campaign with friends. Raise funds to help pay for the milk purchases.
- During Vacation Bible School, have children bring in boxes of macaroni & cheese to donate to the food shelf, or maybe their favorite breakfast item.
- Having a special birthday or anniversary? Ask guests to make a donation to the food shelf instead of giving you cards or gifts.